Monday, September 12, 2011

Monday Musings

Here we are on September 12th. Where has the summer gone? It still feels mostly like summer, with warm temperatures during the day, but the nights do get chilly and the leaves are starting to turn! For the most part I would say we had a fun, productive summer. I wish I had gone bike riding more often, but there is only so much one can do with one's time. Perhaps there will be opportunity for a fall bike ride or two!

Church life has definitely transitioned to the fall. Church School kicked-off yesterday and there was a palpable increase in energy in the sanctuary. It felt good. Our ministry teams are gathering back after a little down-time and Charge Conference is even on the calendar! I do have a fall vacation planned and a fall visit from Mum to look forward to as the days get shorter.

Bady and I are enjoying fall training with our Schutzhund training group. The sun is setting earlier, though, which presents a challenge on the field. Our hopes for another title this year were a little beyond our reach so we are focusing on our Schutzhund A or Schutzhund 1 for next spring. We have a lot of work to do over the winter ~ training with our group and training at home and training at the park ~ to prepare.

I give thanks for family and friends and meaningful work. I feel blessed and lucky to be able to connect with some community workers doing good things in the field of domestic and sexual violence. I am learning much from them. I will continue to meet with the Country Domestic and Sexual Violence Task Force as I seek ways to share what I have learned from my journey with PTSD and my continued journey of healing from trauma. Reading about PTSD helps to put my experiences into context and build my knowledge base.

I guess those are my Monday Musings for the moment! Thanks be to God for all the little things that make up life!

1 comment:

NE/ME said...

Can't wait for Oct. 19th xoxo