Thursday, August 25, 2011

Happy Anniversary!

Today marks three years of Bady and I working together! He came home to live with me (after two months of training at the kennel) on August 24, 2008. On August 25, 2008 he went to the office with me for the first time. I often say that the first night he came home was the first night I was able to really sleep in seven years. It took us a little longer to settle into our work routine, but his coming to work with me has allowed me to focus on my work and be a much more effective and engaged pastor.

Before I got Bady, when I was dealing with worst symptoms of PTSD, hyper-arousal (feeling constantly "on guard" or being jumpy or easily startled) kept me from sleeping and concentrating well. Working with Bady has relieved that symptom since he is the one who's job it is to be on guard.

And it hasn't been all work. We've had a lot of fun together too!

No comments: