Friday, July 29, 2011

Friday Five ~ Decisions, Decisions

It's been a long time since I've participated in the Friday Five. I think the last time was before I moved two years ago. It feels good to be back.

RevGal Sharon asks:

How do you decide? Check out the following pairs and tell which one of each appeals to you most:

1) Sunrise or Sunset

Sunset! I haven't seen too many sunrises, but I have great memories of sunsets. The most beautiful sunsets involve pick clouds to which I always proclaim, "Red at night, sailors' delight!" Last year Gary and I witnessed a beautiful sunset on Marco Island, FL from our hotel room balcony. We ran down to the beach to try to get a better picture and by the time we arrived the sun had melted into the ocean.

2) To the Mountains or To the Beach

Mountains! Marco Island vacation aside, the mountains are where my heart is. I would much rather be taking in the view from the top of a mountain than sitting on a beach all day. This probably has to do with the fact that most of my childhood vacations involved camping and hiking. Each year we would head to Baxter State Park and chose a new peak to climb. Living in Vermont I love that I am surrounded by mountains and can see them (weather permitting) every day.

3) Coffee or Tea

Both! One cup of coffee when I first get up is essential. One cup of tea mid-day helps me focus. I could not get by with out both!

4) Advent or Lent

Advent is a beautiful season, but I get much more out of Lent. I find that my focus during Advent is divided between all the church work that needs to get done and all the personal preparations for Christmas that also need to get done. Lent is a quieter and more spiritual time for me. It is also longer. I always feel much more spiritually prepared for Easter than I do for Christmas. (Maybe I should try to do something about that!)

5) "Raindrops on Roses" or "Whiskers on Kittens"

Whiskers on kittens. Those who read my blog know how much I love animals, so enough said!

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Welcome back to the Friday Five! I'm a mountain girl, too, and I can't wait to visit my son who moved to Vermont this year. What a great place for you to be. Thanks for playing today!