Monday, May 16, 2011

The Places You End Up

When the path to your goal is narrow
and the way is easy to lose,
may all the places you end up
be just as interesting.

~ Steve Garnaas-Holmes

I subscribe to Rev. Steve Garnaas-Holmes blog "Unfolding Light" and am often moved by the reflections he shares. The above is part of today's reflection. I love the second part of the sentence; "may all the places you end up be just as interesting."

I feel like I am on the path of a goal, or at least the path of a dream. The way does feel winding and narrow, and I have ended up in some unexpected places contemplating some unexpected things. While I could not foresee that I would end up in the places I have as yet, they have been interesting and my perspective has been broadened. Perhaps this is another way of saying that the journey is often more important than the destination.

And sometimes the places you end up are even more interesting than the places you intended to go.

No comments: