Monday, October 18, 2010

Redesign

Lately the blog has been feeling a little stale. It started ~ way back when ~ as an opportunity for me to reflect on family life and ministry. The ministry part of this blog has largely moved over to the Faith UMC Pastor's Blog. Facebook has taken over much of the family pictures and activities I used to share here. The past few months I've shared random musings about once a week. I've still found it to be a useful space. However, the name of the blog (Adventures of Min Lib) no longer resonates. So today we have a new design and a new name!

Wendell Berry's poem "There is a Day" speaks to me in two ways. First, it speaks to my faith that there is something beyond what we can see and understand in this world. Second, it speaks to my hope that there will be a day of peace and joy for all of us, no matter our personal situations.

My passion these days ~ along with my ministry and family life ~ is finding opportunities to educate people about PTSD and tell my story. My journey of recovery from trauma has been a long one. Most recently, it has involved my dog Bady and the work we have done in the sport of Schutzhund and Personal Protection training. Working with Bady provides me with a sense of security that had long been missing in my life. It also provides me opportunities to build my own self-confidence, In many ways I feel as if I've come into a new day. Maybe, by sharing my story, another person can experience that joy. Perhaps this blog can be an avenue for that.

2 comments:

Songbird said...

I'm so glad Bady is part of your life and your ministry. The new design is beautiful. I've changed your blog title on the RevGal blogroll!

NE/ME said...

I love it!