Monday, August 30, 2010

Things I Love about Fall

Everything except the temperature (90+ degrees!) is pointing to the fall. The UVM students have moved back in and started classes. The sun sets earlier. The public schools start this week. Even some leaves have started to turn.

I love the fall. I love wearing a light jacket and feeling the crisp air on my face. I love the beauty of the foliage in New England. I love the sense of starting fresh that returns every fall, despite the fact that is has been 10 years since I've been in school. Every fall I feel like I should be buying new pens and pencils and notebooks!

One things I am particularly looking forward to this fall is going lunar kayaking with Gary through our town Rec Department. I hope we will also be able to take a couple days to ramble around Vermont, hike and check out the scenery. Every season has it's blessings. Right now I am particularly thankful to God for fall!

2 comments:

flask said...

oh, wow.

i wandered into your blog by accident and poked around, decided i liked it here, and started following.

did i only just NOW realize we're practically neighbors? it might be the brain damage, but i think it only registered on me when you said "UVM".

hysterical. i did not click until just now on the link to your church and so did not realize that i have been there.

i'm over at williston federated!

awesome!

i had kind of a rough day today, and this little "small world" incident just brought me a smile i needed.

may every blessing fall on you and yours.

diamond engagement rings said...

Things that u mention on the post, are very true and relevant. I like the work very much.