Monday, August 16, 2010

Interruptions

Today my morning devotions were interrupted by Gary and Ben coming downstairs for breakfast. This afternoon my Barnes & Noble Open Hours were interrupted by a visit from said husband and son. Both of these things are unusual occurrences for a Monday! Mondays are usually lonely days and the start of my solo workweek. Gary leaves early for work and doesn't return until Thursday evening.

Interruptions are often considered annoyances, but today they were more than welcome. It was a joy to share a few minutes at breakfast with those I love the most. Next Monday morning I will likely be able to finish my devotions uninterrupted. Gary will be on his way to Massachusetts for the week and Ben will be back in Michigan. I suppose it's true that life is lived in the interruptions,

No comments: