Monday, June 07, 2010

Garden Party


The whole family got involved in planting our very first vegetable garden. We planted tomatoes, cucumbers, squash, zucchini, broccoli, beans, lettuce, peppers and a few herbs. Since we don't have a real good place for a bed, we planted in containers.

This is something I have always wanted to do, but never felt like I had the time or the skill. This year I decided to make the time and concluded that I would never have the skill if I didn't try. I figure this is one way I can honor God's creation by participating in the cycle of life and growth. Instead of taking from the environment I can, in some small way, give back. I can't wait until harvest time!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks great but Katie and I don't see Scary Cat... is he not in the family anymore??

KristaBeth said...

Scary Cat is looking out the window.... supervising!