Monday, December 14, 2009

Sleeping on the Job

Bady and I have been quite involved in training lately. As I blogged previously, the training started when I realized I was losing my status as Pack Leader shortly after our move to Vermont! We've now progressed a little beyond the refresher course and are considering getting involved in the working dog sport of Schutzhund. We have a great trainer and have been invited to participate in a local Working Dog Club. We have a goal of earning our Schutzhund BH Title next summer!

This sport work is a good outlet for Bady's energy. It is also good for me in terms of building confidence. In order to excel in Schutzhund the handler must have absolute control of the dog. The dog must constantly look to the handler for instruction. This will make Bady and I a better working team in daily life as well as on the field.

This is Bady working today. If there were a 'sleeping on the job competition' he might just win! He looks cute here, but you should see him in action on the field. He is a force to be reckoned with.... even if he is still my little boy!

No comments: