Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Faith Autopsy

I would like to share a blog that I have recently been reading. I know the author of this blog from my time in Connecticut. He was lead pastor at a growing emergent church in the area. I attended a couple of his services and, later, served with him on the board of the local conference of churches. While I knew that there were differences in Ben and my theological outlook, I had (and continue to have) great respect for him. I was stunned recently when I heard he was no longer lead pastor of the church. That was went I began reading his blog:

Faith Autopsy

In it I found an honest account of his journey being a gay man in the evangelical tradition. I think this is extremely brave of him ~ to put his story out there for all to read. He affirms that he is both a committed Jesus follower and a gay man who will no longer hide. I hope that others who struggle with how to reconcile their faith with their homosexuality will gain strength and insight from him. Thank you, Ben, for your thoughtfulness, generosity and compassion!

No comments: