Monday, August 31, 2009

Getting Caught Up

It is hard to believe that my first Sunday at Faith UMC was seven weeks ago. The time has gone by really fast on the one hand, but it also feels like we have been here much longer. The house is starting to feel like home and life is more settled.

The picture is of the Altar decoration from my first Sunday. Each of the different ministry teams presented me with a gift. The gifts were placed on the Altar to make this beautiful display. Now the gifts are decorating my office to remind me of the many and varied ministries of the church. I feel blessed to be part of such a vital community of faith.

On a personal note, we had a good summer visit with Ben. He is 10 years old and growing up! We explored Lake Champlain, attended Campmeeting, and enjoyed time with various sets of grandparents. We also visited the Ben & Jerry's factory and made a trip to the Cabot outlet ~ local Vermont favorites! While I'll never be a 'Woodchuck', I'm starting to feel like a Vermonter!

No comments: