Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Having Faith

The last week has been a whirlwind of moving vans, boxes, late nights and early mornings as we have settled in to our new house. We probably can't claim to be Vermonter's yet, but we are certainly enjoying this new state we will call home for, hopefully, the foreseeable future.

The last week has also been a whirlwind of meeting new people, exploring new places and being very warmly welcomed by the folks of Faith UMC. Whenever settling into a new place, however, I always feels a sense of disorientation. Everything seems to take longer when getting used to a new community. And I've driven by our side street more than once. (Don't tell Gary!)

Yet I have faith that this is where God has called me to be at the time. I have faith that the city of South Burlington will soon feel like home. And I have faith that God is with me and the people of Faith UMC as we make this transition to ministry together at this time and in this place.

Thank for your prayers during our move. I'll be better about updating from now on!

No comments: