Monday, June 08, 2009

Final Quotes from my Desk

The final packing days are upon me, so I guess I should get rid of these last few scraps of paper cluttering up my desk and post them here. This is quite a random list, and I'm not exactly sure why I felt the need to write all of them down. But in any case.... Enjoy!

"The deep darkness vanished into ordinary daylight, and the mystery of God was only made more splendid." ~ Marilynn Robinson, Gilead

In the meantime, those who weep now are truly blessed, for they see the incongruity between the promised kingdom and things as they stand.

"Anger is not humanizing. It is a rehearsal for the performance that never arrives." ~ Carol Shields

Thank you, O God, for the healing power of your love that is at work in me now.

"Patriotism is often an arbitrary veneration of real estate above principles." ~ George Jean Nathan

No comments: