Thursday, March 26, 2009

Announcement

Things around here have been quiet for a while. I think that is because I've had a lot on my mind, and much of it has been "un-bloggable." The announcement has now been made, however, and I can share with my blog friends what has been going on.

Here is the statement I read in church last Sunday:

On July 1, 2004 I was appointed as your Associate Pastor. I count these past five years as a great blessing and joy. In this time we have worked and played and wept and rejoiced together as brothers and sisters in Christ, and for this I thank God.

Over the past year, with much prayer and reflection, it has become clear to me that God is calling me to a new ministry in a different place. It is with excitement, but also with no small amount of grief, that I acknowledge this call.

On my appointment update form for this year I indicated a desire for a new appointment with the wish to return to a solo pastorate. Last week I received confirmation from Rev. Heidi Chamberland, our District Superintendent, that my request will be honored. Gary and I will be moving to a new church as of this July 1st. I don’t yet know where the new church will be, but I trust the guidance of the Holy Spirit working through the Bishop and the Cabinet as they discern a good match for my gifts in ministry.

In the meantime, I look forward to these next three months together in ministry. Trusting that God was present with us five years ago in my appointment here, I trust that God is present with us now ~ all of us ~ in this transition. It is my hope that we will hold each other in prayer during this time of change.

2 comments:

scituatedrev said...

Hey, the adventure continues! I trust God's hand is on this whole process, and you will land in just the place God needs you to be. May grace abound!

Songbird said...

Blessings to you on this next step!