Friday, February 06, 2009

Winter Run

Bady and I just got back from a run. Well, what I consider running is more like fast walking for him. He may just barely break into a trot. But in any case, after living in couch potato land for the past couple months, it feels good to get moving again. The weather this winter has not been conducive to outside activities... at least the kind that I enjoy. Too much snow. Too much ice. But today and tomorrow and Sunday are looking good, so I am going to try to break through my inertia and get out there.

As much as I hate to admit it, I actually like running. Last summer, when I was in a very dark place, running was one of the things that helped me break through and begin inching forward. Running makes me feel strong and confident. God gave me not just a mind, but a body that can do things like run and jump. I just have to remember to use it so it stays limber and active... So that's what I am going to do!

No comments: