- I am no longer my own, but thine.
- Put me to what thou wilt, rank me with whom thou wilt.
- Put me to doing, put me to suffering.
- Let me be employed for thee or laid aside for thee,
- exalted for thee or brought low for thee.
- Let me be full, let me be empty.
- Let me have all things, let me have nothing.
- I freely and heartily yield all things to thy pleasure and disposal.
- And now, O glorious and blessed God, Father, Son and Holy Spirit,
- thou art mine, and I am thine.
- So be it.
- And the covenant which I have made on earth,
- let it be ratified in heaven.
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
Quote of the Week ~ Covenant Prayer
One can't go wrong with a good John Wesley quote! Here is Wesley's covenant prayer. The original was not actually written by Wesley himself, but adapted and used by him. This prayer has meant a lot to me in my devotion time over the eyars. While there are contemporary language versions, I prefer the traditional.