Tuesday, January 20, 2009

History

While I don't have any particularly profound words to share, I can't let this moment in history pass by without comment. I think I am most awed by the hope and energy evidenced in the people gathered in Washington D.C.... waiting for hours in the cold to be part of this amazing event. While Obama cannot fix all our problems, what he can do is inspire us to take responsibility and take part and I believe he is leading us in that direction.

I broke away from work a little before noon to come home in time to see the Oath of Office. Standing alone in my living room, with tears streaming down my face, I didn't feel alone. I felt like part of something much larger than myself... part of a community that looks on our country and the world with fresh eyes.

No comments: