Saturday, January 24, 2009

Confessions

Okay. I have a confession to make. I bought clothes. Yesterday I ended up at Kohl's and found they were having a big t-shirt sale. It has been more than 10 months and I slipped. I needed those t-shirts.

For those of you who don't know what I'm talking about, last year on my Birthday (March 15th) I decided to try to go a year without buying any new clothes. It has been more difficult than I thought it would be. It's not that I've really missed shopping, but there are certain clothes one needs for certain things. For example, I started jogging last summer, but I didn't really have any jogging shorts. When we brought Bady home I found I needed some 'go out in the back yard and get muddy with the dog' clothes.

The t-shirts, though, were just a slip. I loved the colors. I really liked them. So I bought them. This exercise, though, has made me more intentional about what I buy and curbed (for the most part) impulse purchases.

Since I am a great believer in grace, I'm going to continue on until my Birthday and try not to buy any more new clothes. Then I may try it again for another year... or give myself a new challenge. Any ideas?

1 comment:

GR8ADVENTure said...

Go Sistah  Confess & you‘re forgiven! Sanctifying! Grace received & accepted - continue to stay focused & to allow grace to work & collectively we will reach the goal of perfect love and perfect obedience! Peace & Passion, Lori