RevGal Songbird writes, "There are only five full days before Christmas Day, and whether you use them for shopping, wrapping, preaching, worshiping, singing or traveling or even wishing the whole darn thing were over last Tuesday, there's a good chance they will be busy ones. So let's make this easy, if we can: tell us five things you need to accomplish before Christmas Eve."
My pre-holiday cold put me behind, so there are many things I need to accomplish by Christmas Eve! Luckily none of these things involve shopping..... well, unless you count grocery shopping. Anyway, here goes:
1. The Christmas Eve sermon needs to be started and finished. At least I have a theme. I will be reflecting on the carol Lo, How a Rose E're Blooming. Did you know the original had 22 verses? I promise I won't make my congregation sing them all.
2. I definitely need to find some time for wrapping. In fact, I may try to do some of that tonight!
3. I guess it is time to put up the Christmas tree. No glass ornaments will be going up this year because of the new 'puppy'.... so the tree decorating will probably involve making some paper ornaments.
4. Sometime this week we need to make our annual trek around the neighborhood to deliver our holiday breads and, hopefully, some Christmas cheer. This is a fun tradition and the only time all year we get to see some of our neighbors.
5. It would be nice to catch up on my sleep before preaching the 11:00pm Christmas Eve service. I'm not sure if I will be able to do this, though.... with everything else on my to do list!