Friday, November 14, 2008

Quote of the Week ~ Journey

Next week I will be attending a continuing education program on Mediation Skills. It is a Monday through Friday 8:30 - 4:30 class. From what I've heard, it is quite intense, and certainly life-changing, but completely worth it. The physical journey involves a plane ride, a rental car, and a hotel for five nights. Being somewhat of a homebody, I'm not so excited about this solo travel, but I'm sure I'll make some friends once I get there. As for the spiritual jounrey, who knows where that will take me! In the meantime, I've been reading Tim Keel's book Intuitive Leadership (recommended by scituatedrev). These lines spoke to both my excitement and trepidation!

When a person decides to embark on a journey, he or she begins an undertaking whose destination and outcome is often as unpredictable as it is unseen. In fact, not only do we often not know where we are going, we do not know who we will become or whether we will even recognize ourselves at the end of our paths.

Please pray for me as I embark on this spiritual, as well as physical, journey!

2 comments:

scituatedrev said...

Hi Krista,

I'm intrigued by your upcoming conference - very cool and very relevant stuff. And what a great book to be reading as you move forward - Keel is awesome. Enjoy the journey - my prayers will definitely be with you as you move into new space and out of your comfort zone.

God's Peace

Hot Cup Lutheran said...

the conference sounds way cool... surely you will be richer for having been there! and the quote is awesome indeed...