Friday, October 31, 2008

Friday Five ~ Busy Edition

RevGal will smama writes, "As I zip around the webring it is quite clear that we are getting BUSY. 'Tis the season' when clergy and laypeople alike walk the highwire from Fall programming to Christmas carrying their balancing pole with family/rest on the one side and turkey shelters/advent wreaths on the other. And so I offer this Friday Five with 5 quick hit questions..."

1) Your work day is done and the brain is fried, what do you do?

If I'm just a little bit fried I find it refreshing to cook dinner or take the dogs for a walk or read a good novel. It is nice to just get 'out of my head' for a while. If my brain is totally fried vegging out zombie-like in front of the TV has been known to be healing!

2) Your work week is done and the brain is fried, what do you do?

Go to bed early! Get up late! Have dinner out and go to a movie or just hibernate in the house without answering the phone. Baking is fun, too. As an introvert it is important for me to have a few hours each week when I don't have to have any sort of human interaction or contact.

3) Do you have 'stop everything' TV programming or books or events or projects that are totally 'for you' moments?

I thank God for the inventor of the DVR! There are several shows I like to watch, but almost all of them are on past my bedtime. (Yes, I go to bed at 9:00pm!) But with the magic of the DVR, those shows are at the ready when I've had one of my totally fried brain days! And I don't even have to watch the commercials! A few of my favorites are: Brothers and Sisters, Grey's Anatomy, Law and Order: SVU and (lately) The Biggest Looser. As for books, when the latest Anne Tyler book comes out ~ I'm there!

4) When was the last time you laughed, really laughed? What was so funny?

Gary and I shared a good laugh a coupe days ago. It was over something funny Bady did. (I can't remember exactly what right now.) When they are not being annoying, the pets supply endless comic relief.

5) What is a fairly common item that some people are willing to go cheap on, but you are not?

The thing that comes to mind is coffee. While I can and do drink cheap coffee, first thing in the morning I love my Dunkin Donuts French Vanilla. The day just doesn't seem right without it.

3 comments:

will smama said...

You know, I have been pleasantly surprised how satisfactory it feels to pull together dinner and focus the mind on that, rather than all of the other stuff that has gone on through the day.

Thanks for playing.

Processing Counselor said...

I know that Grey's Anatomy is eye candy, but I love it!

Hot Cup Lutheran said...

the kitchen is typically a calming place... unless of course i'm hosting the holidays... eeeayahhh. and good girl not skimpin' on the coffee!