Friday, September 19, 2008

Sad News

I got some sad news last night. The amazing counselor I have worked with over the past four years died. Saying that she was my counselor does not seem like enough. She was also a spiritual director, a life coach and an inspiration. She endured her own experiences of trauma and used those experiences to help many others, including me. She also shared spiritual insight from her Quaker and Native American traditions.

One of the most important things I learned from her was to look inside myself for the tools to deal with my trauma. If I said that she had given me the tools she would protest, saying that I had found the tools within myself.

One thing she did give me, though, was the idea that ultimately led to the arrival of Bady. She said that sometimes the tools come from within, and sometimes they come from outside, but they are all God given. I know that I was just one of many clients, but maybe ~ in the words of her tradition ~ a tiny bit of her spiritual energy is blessing Bady now.

1 comment:

Songbird said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. Bless you, and all who will miss her.