Thursday, August 21, 2008

Quote of the Week ~ Thinking

My quote this week is from Thomas Merton. Today I finished A Thomas Merton Reader. Merton has been part of my daily devotions for quite a while. Each day I would read a page or two during my prayer time, and with 516 pages, it has been a long journey.

This quote is for those of us who think too much:

"You have called me here not to wear a label by which I can recognize myself in some kind of a category. You do not want me to be thinking about what I am, but about what You are. Or rather, You do not even want me to be thinking about anything much: for You would raise me above the level of thought. And if I am always trying to figure out what I am and where I am and why I am, how will that work be done?"

Food for thought :>)

No comments: