Saturday, August 16, 2008

Friday Five (on Saturday) ~ Transformations

RevGal Mary Beth suggests, "For this week's Friday Five, share with us five transformations that the coming fall will bring your way. Bonus: Give us your favorite activity that is made possible by the coming of fall."

In some ways this fall feels very much like past falls: Sunday School begins. Stewardship Campaign kicks-off. Charge Conference looms large. But there are two particular transformations I'm looking forward to:

1. The arrival of Bady. I will have to be transformed from an average pet owner to a super pack leader in order for this partnership in ministry to work out. Our transformation from strangers to partners is coming slowly, but it is coming!

2. Lombard Mennonite Peace Center Mediation Training. I'm attending this fall and am excited to learn more about my leadership style. Hopefully I can build on my strengths and shore up my weaknesses and be transformed in the process.

As for my favorite fall activity: Hiking as the trees make their transformation from greens to golds and reds and oranges. Fall reminds me that we all have to potential to be transformed.

No comments: