Friday, July 18, 2008

Friday Five ~ What's in a Name Edition

RevGal RevHRod gives us our Friday Five this week:

So how did you come up with your blogging name? And/or the name of your blog?

Krista is my first name. Beth is my middle name. KristaBeth was an easy choice! I do think I have more than the 'usual' attachment to my middle name. There are a community of people in my life who know me as KristaBeth. My Gram was one of those people. In fact, I once seriously considered changing my first name to "KristaBeth." Ultimately I decided against it, but it still brings me joy when I see one of those folks from my growing up years and they call me 'KristaBeth.'

As for "Adventures of MinLib," Gary and I came up with minlib as a code name for ourselves several years ago. It is just a silly way for us to describe the joining of a minister and a librarian! Interestingly I've met several pastors who are married to librarians ~ one right here in town! I guess it is not so unusual a pairing after all.

Are there any code names or secret identities in your blog? Any stories there?

No, my blog is pretty much an open book.

What are some blog titles that you just love? For their cleverness, drama, or sheer, crazy fun?


I love "Pink Shoes in the Pulpit" and "holy trouble" by my fellow RevGals!

What three blogs are you devoted to? Other than the RevGalBlogPals blog of course!

I enjoy reading blogs from fellow pastors in my conference. There is "scituatedrev" by Rick and "Forward on the Journey" by Allen. Other than that, I pretty much stick to the RevGals!

Who introduced you to the world of blogging and why?

Gary first introduced me to the world of blog readers. He thought I would like it, but I was skeptical. Once I started reading a few blogs on a regular basis, I decided I wanted to start my own. It was only after I started blogging myself that I found RevGals. Once I found the RevGals community, I was hooked. I guess the short answer is that I got into it a little at a time. Now its hard to believe that I've been blogging for almost two years!

Bonus question: Have you ever met any of your blogging friends? Where are some of the places you've met these fun folks?

I do know some of my blogging friends ~ through conference connections and as friends. I've never had a specific blogger meet-up. Maybe it's time!

2 comments:

RevHRod said...

Thanks for playing the game! And having had dinner with Songbird this week I highly recommend the random meeting with other bloggers.

Songbird said...

Ditto! It's also fun to discover your new neighbor (in my case, your friend Allen) is a blogger, too.