Friday, May 30, 2008

Friday Five ~ Week Late Edition

Since Gary and I enjoyed a mini-vacation this week (and I am a week behind on my Friday Five anyway) I am going to do last week's Friday Five just for fun!

RevGal Sally wrote last Friday:

It is a holiday weekend here in the UK, and the weather forecast for much of the country is not good!!! But we can still dream and so with that in mind I bring you this Friday Five.

1. Getting ready for summer, do you use the gradual tanning moisturizers (yes gentlemen you too can answer this!!!), or are you happy to show your winter skin to the world?

I have used the gradual tanning moisturizer, but it seems to be more trouble than it is worth. I am proud of my white skin ~ with no sun-spots it just means it's healthy.

2. Beach, mountains or chilling by the pool, what/ where is your favorite getaway?

I like going to the beach, but one afternoon is usually enough for me. I'm not really into swimming and I can only sit in my beach chair for so long. If I had to pick from the list provided, the mountains would probably be my first choice. However, I like vacations that offer a variety.... some time on the go, some time to relax... different sites to see and experience. We just got back from a trip to our little cottage in Maine. It was fun since we got to relax, see old friends, and spend sometime working outside. (Although the mosquitoes were vicious!)

3. Are you a summer lover or does the long break become wearing?

Break? What Break? Are some people getting a break? In some ways summer seems busier than the rest of the year ~ or at least busier in a different way. The heat does get wearing, though. When the heat and humidity are oppressive it is hard to get anything done! And, unfortunately, I am not a big fan of air conditioners.

4. Active holidays; hiking swimming sailing, or lazy days?

As I mentioned above, I like a little bit of both. It is nice to get out and try some news things, but also have time to polish off a good novel or two.

5. Now to the important subject of food, if you are abroad do you try the local cuisine, or do you prefer to play it safe?

I'll try a few things, but I won't go overboard! I HAD to try the San Francisco Clam Chowder last month when we were out there and it was fabulous .... and the Jamaican Jerk pork was great in Jamaica. But I don't tend to stray too far from what I know and love.

No comments: