Here are a few things I discovered this week:
1. It is sometimes easier to be honest with a stranger than with those you know and love.
2. Even when a good friend / church member / saint is dying a difficult death from cancer, God is good.
3. When a woodpecker pecks on your chimney cover at 6:30am it sounds like a marching band is descending into your fireplace.
4. Friendship sometimes supersedes even one's most principled convictions.
5. Tag sales often turn out to be more difficult than you first suspect.
6. No matter how hard you try, you can't make a kid take confirmation seriously.
7. White Cheddar is my favorite flavor of Cheez-It.