Friday, March 28, 2008

Friday Five ~ If I Had A Million Dollars Edition

RevGal Singing Owl writes, "My husband and I started musing (after watching "Deal or No Deal") about what we could do with a million dollars. I thought I'd just bring that discussion into the Friday Five this week. It's simple. What are five things you would want to do with a million dollar deposit in your bank account?"

First, just let me ask... What does it say about me that I just downloaded the Barenaked Ladies song by this name (If I Had A Million Dollars) as a ringtone for my iPhone?

Ok, here's my play:

First, I would share. What fun would it be to have some extra cash and not be able to spread it around? I would certainly want to give to my church / denomination, local community organizations that do good work, family and friends.

Second, I would save. It would be such a blessing not to have to worry about Ben's college and our retirement needs.

Third, I would buy a house. I wouldn't want anything fancy ~ just a nice, solid place that would build us some equity. Perhaps it could be a vacation house, of sorts, that could double as a future retirement home.

Fourth, I would get a brand new car. Something in red would be nice.

Fifth, I would splurge on an exotic vacation, a pair of Manolo Blahniks, and dinner at Cavey's. Cavey's is a local French restaurant and the word is that you can't dine there for less than $200. I've always wondered what it would be like!

6 comments:

Auntie Knickers said...

Good play; I'm a little surprised at how everyone's answers seem so sensible to me. Except the Manolo Blahniks, and that's because I have big old feet and don't wear high heels. I'd probably go for some big old clumpy $200 shoes instead. And to go to a nice restaurant and not look at the prices...mmmm.

Singing Owl said...

Great list...laughed about the Barenaked Ladies! I didn't say so, but I would buy a good vehicle a.s.a.p.! Ours has a LOT of miles on it, and we just cannot afford to replace it.

Rev SS said...

Nice ... a new car for me too ... and dinner at a fine restaurant without caring how much it cost ... I like that idea a lot!

"PS" (a.k.a. purple) said...

#5....sounds like a great self-care project!!!!!!

Hot Cup Lutheran said...

wow look at you! red car, snazzy shoes, gourmet meal... you would be leadin' the life!

scituatedrev said...

Great post! Hard to pin down just five, so these are the top of the list (the longer I think about it, the longer it gets!) In no particular order...

1. Tithe.
2. Pay off all debt.
3. Buy a piece of property in Maine, preferably near water.
4. A trip with family to the British Isles
5. Invest

Sorry, no wild shoes for me...