Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Catching Up

It's been a while since I posted, so I'll try to catch up on a few things here:

1. My experience of Holy Week was truly a blessing. I hope the congregation felt the same way. We joined with North UMC for Maundy Thursday and Good Friday services, both of which were very moving. I worked enough ahead that I was able to experience the week without being distracted by too many things to do.

2. Christ is risen! Christ is risen indeed! Easter was exhausting, but in a good way. We stared the day with our Sunrise Gathering in the garden, followed by our two traditional services. Our 'big' service was packed which was great... but one has to wonder, "Where are these people the other 51 weeks of the year?" Oh well! Perhaps they will catch the Spirit and join us again soon.

3. At our Contemporary Service (our final morning service) we reflected on "Recognizing the Risen One" and talked about why Mary and the other disciples had difficulty recognizing Jesus after her was raised. At the end of the service we created a collage with images of where we recognize Christ today. For the next several weeks we will be in our "Becoming the Body of Christ" series and will expand our collage.

4. After a full day / week of worship we relaxed on Easter afternoon and went to the movies!

5. My clothing "fast" is going well. I am 11 days in to it! Only 354 more to go. It is interesting that I do seem to notice the sales and flyers more than I did before. Also, I got a Kohl's coupon for 20% off (can you believe it :>) and felt a little wistful. In the past I probably would've just tucked it in my desk and forgotten about it. But I am practicing being grateful for what I have rather than dwelling on what I think I want.... and I made my first contribution of underwear and socks (new, of course) to the Thrift Shoppe.

6. Nicky went to the vet and got a clean bill of health.... for an old pup, that is. Woof!

I guess that is it for now.... Christ is risen! Christ is risen indeed! May we all have a peaceful and blessed Easter Season!

No comments: