Tuesday, December 11, 2007

I Should've Known

Sure, the weatherman said it was icy, but it couldn't be that bad. Nicky needed a walk and I wasn't going to let a little freezing rain get in our way. So we suited up... me with my boots and anorak... he with his red leash... and headed out the door. At first everything was okay. The plow truck had been by to sand. But then my foot slipped. I reached out to catch myself, but I still hit pretty hard. I was on the ground and Nicky looked at me as if to say, "Get up, Mum. You're embarrassing me!"

We limped home. Embarrassed. Sore. And even more sore this morning when I woke up.

The weatherman did say ice. I should've know... but I guess I didn't. I learned a lesson though. I don't bounce like I used to. And the dog can survive without a walk once in a while ~ whether he likes it or not!

No comments: