Tuesday, October 30, 2007

A New England Weekend

Last weekend I played 'hooky' from my usual Saturday activities and went leaf-peeping with my wonderful husband. Most weeks Gary, and I do not share a day off ~ my day off being Friday and his being Saturday and Sunday. So this was a special treat!

We planned our day away a week in advance, so we had no way of knowing it was going to rain. Oh well...we went anyway! We drove out to western Connecticut and enjoyed the colors of the leaves through the fog. When we got to Kent we decided to hike up Kent's Falls. It was beautiful. Then we shared a late lunch in a cozy restaurant in Litchfield, CT. It was a great day!

2 comments:

Rev Dave said...

Grew up not far from Litchfield...been a long time since I've been to Kent Falls. What a wonderful time to be there!

Hot Cup Lutheran said...

i love CT... all those trees! we have trees but nowhere near the density of those trees... (sigh)