Friday, September 07, 2007

Thank you Miss Potter

I just finished watching the wonderful movie Miss Potter. In addition to learning much about the life of Beatrix Potter, it brought back many wonderful memories of Miss Potter's friends. Flopsy, Mopsy, and Cottontail and Peter were my friends too! My mother collected all things Beatrix Potter. Sometimes I would stand in front of her hutch full of Beatrix Potter figurines just to look at them. I even have a Peter Rabbit dish towel hanging on my oven handle today.

The best thing about the movie was seeing what a strong woman Beatrix was, especially in her day. She was unconventional and independent. She was a woman ahead of her time. Maybe that is why her stories continue to captivate audiences around the world. Thank you, Miss Potter, for welcoming us into your world and giving us a wonderful example of a life well lived.

No comments: