Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Taking Wonder and Delight!

At Pastor's Assembly much of the conversation revolved around how to stay fresh and re-freshed in ministry. One question we were asked was, "Who do you respect and why?" The first person that came to mind was my Gram. Gram always took delight in nature ~ everything from the smallest flowers at the side of the road to the beauty of the grandest landscape. I remember one night laying out under the stars watching a meteor shower with her and a friend of mine. My friend thought it was pretty neat that my grandmother would get up in the middle of the night to lay on the grass and watch shooting stars. Thinking back on it, I think it is pretty neat, too.

One way I stay refreshed in ministry is by taking the time to appreciate God's creation. Yet, when things get too busy, it is easy to let the wonder of the world go unnoticed. That wasn't the case during my hike up to Bald Knob. Here are a couple pictures which will hopefully keep the memory fresh in my mind.


No comments: