Tuesday, September 11, 2007

The Holy Spirit

She was certainly invited, but her RSVP must've gotten lost in the mail. I was anxious that she wouldn't show and our promise of 'Spirit Sunday' would turn out to be a misnomer. She tried to reassure me, although I didn't quite catch on at the time. That dream I had, reminding me that no matter how much I plan all really is out of my control, should have been a clue. Why don't I ever trust that she will take care of everything, as she always does?

In the end she showed up. In fact she got there early and stayed late. Everyone reveled in her presence. Children played. Adults laughed. Hamburgers and hot dogs multiplied and fed all the guests. The glory of God was made known in those moments. I'll try to remember for next time that, as far as she is concerned, no RSVP necessary.

1 comment:

molly said...

This one made me smile a whole lot.

She's great, isn't she?!?

Thanks for the reminder.