Friday, August 10, 2007

Friday Five ~ Stress?? What Stress??

RevGal friend Sally writes:

I am off to spend a few days at the beach chilling out after a hectic few weeks and before I head off for Summer School...So with that in mind this weeks questions are looking at how you deal with the stress monster!!!???

1. First, and before we start busting stress, what causes you the most stress, is it big things or the small stuff ?

I think I would have to say the small stuff... a messy house, shopping that needs to get done, appointments that haven't been made. I guess it is when all the little things pile up that I get most stressed. Things like unfinished sermons, funerals, wedding, etc., don't stress me out too much because I know they HAVE to (and will) get done.

2. Exercise or chocolate for stress busting (or maybe something else) ?

Chocolate.... then exercise!

3.What is your favourite music to chill out to?

Depends on if I'm 'angry-stressed', 'tired-stressed', or 'overwhelmed stressed.' I have a playlist of angry-woman-music that helps me get through the tough times. Otherwise, I like to listen to Dar Williams or The Manhattan Transfer. (My taste in music is pretty eclectic.)

4. Where do you go to chill?

I head to my couch... with a good book or a DVD. Or, sometimes, I clean the house. Taking my frustrations out on the vacuum cleaner can be a cathartic experience.

5. Extrovert or introvert, do you relax at a party, or do you prefer a solitary walk?

I'm definitely an introvert. I enjoy my time alone when I am stressed... a nice walk or a quiet day around the house. Sometimes, though, a good 'bitch-session' with a friend over coffee does the trick.

Bonus- share your favourite stress busting tip!

Ring-Dings (also known as Ding-Dongs) ..... mmmmm. The chocolate coating, the cream, the cake... Perfect for a mid-afternoon stress break.

3 comments:

hipchickmamma said...

i'm totally with you on the small things! ick!

great play!

Deb said...

Yeah. It's the pile up of all the littles that gets me every time!

d

Diane said...

yeah, it's the little stuff with me too... too many unmade phone calls, juggling appointments, feeling like the day is backed up like a plugged up sink...