Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Going (to) SPLAT

Wednesday morning I leave for North Carolina to attend Youth 2007 ~ aka SPLAT (Seek, Pray, Learn, Act, Teach). This is they quadrennial gathering of United Methodist Youth and Youth workers from all over the world. I can't even begin to imagine what it is going to be like, but I'm sure it will be crazy and hectic and fun.

I never had the opportunity to do anything like this as a youth (the youth group / church I was involved in was too small) so it is neat to be able to go as an adult. The part I'm looking forward to most is the opportunity to get a glimpse of the present and future of our worldwide United Methodist family. I celebrate the worldwide nature of our denomination and this will be an opportunity to see it first hand.

There are two other adults (Jake and Stephanie) and six youth attending from my church. Along with the going to the convention, we will be spending a day doing mission work in the Greensboro, NC area. Pray for us as we travel and pray that we will be open to meeting new people and learning from the new things we will be experiencing. May we see the face of Christ in all we meet and may we be the hands and feet of Christ ~ willing and able to do his work in our little corner of the the world and beyond!

1 comment:

Hot Cup Lutheran said...

Hope you are having a rocklingly good time at SPLAT! (and a spirit-filled time too!)