Sunday, April 01, 2007

Joy Comes in the Morning

Hosanna! Blessed is the one who comes in the name of the Lord!

Happy Palm Sunday! Today was one of our four annual "One Service Sundays," meaning that we had one combined service at 10:00, instead of our regular 8:00, 9:45 and 11:30 services. It was wonderful to have the whole church community together at one service. And for me, it meant that I could sleep until 7:30 and get home by 11:45. Wow!

The funeral I officiated at yesterday was a joyous celebration of life. All turned out well and the family was very understanding about the change in clergy. After the service, burial and reception I was pretty exhausted. I decided to go home and just relax, which was nice. Gary and I got to spend some much needed time together after all. (Amen!)

As for the cinnamon french toast, I'm still waiting.... maybe next weekend. But we did go to Denny's for brunch today after church. The French Toast Slam was pretty good.... It wasn't a substitute for the cinnamon french toast, but it will hold me over.

Blessings to all in this journey through Holy Week. And may you meet Jesus at the cross so you may truly celebrate the joy that comes in the morning...

No comments: