Thursday, April 19, 2007

Following the Storm

In case you haven't heard, New England was hit by a major Nor'easter last weekend. The effects of the storm still linger as it continues to drizzle cold rain from the sky. We haven't seen the sun since Saturday.

All this seems very appropriate to me as I have been hit with a storm of sorts myself. Most of what I have been dealing with over the past days is unbloggable. Yet, as the sky lightens and the downpours cease, I do feel my own life coming back together in bits and pieces (peaces, too).

I hold fast to the hope found in our lectionary reading from Psalm 30:

Weeping may tarry for the night,
but joy comes in the morning.......
You have turned my mourning into dancing.


My prayers go out to the families, friends and students of Virginia Tech and all people who struggle with tragedy, loss, fear and despair. For now I follow the storm, watching the horizon in hopes that I may catch a glimpse of the sun.

1 comment:

LutheranHusker said...

Whatever the storm may be, know that my prayers are with you. And thank God for a God who has power over all storms, physical, emotional, and spiritual...yet still rides out our storms with us.