Friday, March 16, 2007

Day Off?

For the past couple of weeks 'days-off' have been elusive. Friday is supposed to be my day-off, but work seems to be spilling into my Friday sacred time, and I have to say that I am a little resentful. Interesting that the 'Friday Five' on the RevGalBlogPals blog (written by blogger reverendmother) states:

"Well friends, this is one of those weeks when I simply must work today, which is normally my day off. I know, I know. We may tut-tut all we want, but the fact is, some weeks are like that."

The instructions were to write either five 'have-tos' or five things we wish we could do with our day off...

First my 'have-tos':

1. Laundry - or else I'll be in big trouble for the weekend! As tempting as it is not to, I do have to wear something under my robe.
2. Groceries - the Peapod is coming with our grocery delivery, so at least all I have to do is meet them at the door with a check.
3. Banking - I am contemplating going through the bank drive-through. That way I won't have to change out of my pajamas.
4. Lay Speaking Class - tomorrow I am teaching a six hour Lay Speaking class on United Methodist Heritage. I've taught the class before, but I need to gather my thoughts and review my lesson plans. This will take a bit of time, so I better get started!
5. Put away my Birthday presents - okay, this isn't really a chore, but it does have to get done!

Now my dream day off:

1. Go for a long walk with my favorite walking pal, Nicky.
2. Read "What Paul Meant" by Garry Wills. I've started it and its great!
3. Watch a movie. I've got two at home right now: Radio and Office Space
4. Talk to Mum - actually I did get to do this. We chatted for an hour this morning while I was holding my 'have-tos' at bay!
5. Have a leisurely dinner with Gary

I think my day will be more full of have-tos than those things I wish I could do. Maybe someday I'll have one of those dream days off. For now, my Lay Speaking material is calling me. At least I can work on it in my pajamas!

1 comment:

Kievas said...

Bank drive-throughs are one of the best things ever invented.