Sunday, February 18, 2007

Valentine's Mission

Nicky managed to pull off his Valentine's surprise for Fizzy. It involved a toy squirrel and lots of heart shaped love notes. The word is that she enjoyed it very much.... we are still waiting to hear from her directly!

On Valentine's Day we had our first major snow storm of the year. Schools were canceled, Gary stayed home from work, and I worked from home. It was a nice change of pace. I think that is what I like most about snow days ~ the world quiets for a while and life seems to move a little slower.

Speaking of a slower pace, here is another picture from our vacation.... (I'm still trying to get some of our pictures up, so bear with my bad transitions!) Life was definitely slower on Cozumel Island. Here is a picture of a Mayan ruin we saw. It is at the sight of the first Catholic Mass in the New World.

Of the islands we visited, we most want to return to Cozumel. It is a beautiful little island (close enough to visit the Mexican mainland) and the people were very nice. I'm still enjoying my vacation memories as the temperatures here in New England drop to below zero!

No comments: