Monday, January 29, 2007

Hitting the Waves

One of the fun things we did on our vacation was to try out the Wave Runner (Jet Ski) while we were on Labadee, Haiti. Gary signed up as the driver and I was the passenger. Gary was outfitted with a nifty little harness with handles, so I didn't have any trouble holding on. I admit that I was nervous about it at first, but it turned out to be great fun. We went quite a distance from shore and the waves were a bit choppy. Luckily we had a guide to give us a tour and bring us back to the dock. We got going to over 40 mph.

Here we are after the adventure. We will definitely have to do it again, although the Atlantic off Southern New England probably won't be as warm as the Caribbean waters!

More vacation posts to come....... In the meantime, life-as-usual has resumed, albeit with good vacation memories to sustain me through these cold winter days!

No comments: