Sunday, December 10, 2006

Mood Snow

Our first snow came to Southern New England last Tuesday. In true New England fashion, it was a day later than the forecasters predicted! Stephanie said that the TV weathermen were calling it 'mood snow.' While I had never heard that term before (I think that weathermen lay awake at night thinking this stuff up) it does rather capture the effect of the snow on that chilly early December morning. There was just enough snow to accumulate slightly before the sun got to it. Gary and I stood at the window for a few minutes to watch the snowflakes float down. It did rather get me in the 'mood' for winter!

In other news: As I write this e-mail Nicky has been caught getting into the Christmas presents. A wrapped gift for a co-worker's dog apparently smelled too good to pass up. Wrapping paper has been torn and spread around the room. I guess there is more wrapping to do after all. Bad Dog!

And finally, to end the suspense from the Advent word game of two posts previous.... (oddly enough, no one offered possible solutions!) .... "Please be patient, God isn't finished with me yet." Amen? Amen!

No comments: