Friday, November 10, 2006

Happy Birthday to Gary

Yes, it has been a while since I have 'blogged.' I have decided not to make a big deal of it, though. No excuses. No trying to play catch-up. I will just move ahead from this moment! My attempt to live in the 'now.'

Our most recent exciting happening is Gary's Birthday. On Wednesday he turned ~ don't be mad at me for telling everyone, Gary ~ 38! We celebrated with ice-cream cake, presents and dinner at Vinny'T's. Here is a picture of Gary and his cake. Life has been so busy lately that it was a joy to just be able to spend a whole evening together, with no Commissions meetings, Wonderful Wednesdays programs, late work nights or studying to do. Gary had some nice birthday calls and messages ~ and was even serenaded on the answering machine with "Happy Birthday to you!" Once by Ben in Arabic!

Nicky and I tried our best to carry a tune while singing Happy Birthday ~ me in English, Nicky in dog. Unfortunately we don't sing at the same pitch... and I think his 'woofing' was more about getting a piece of ice-cream cake than about genuine well-wishes for his 'Dad.' Lucky for him, he got a few bites of mine. It isn't really a birthday until the dog gets ice-cream all over his face!

With all the festivities over, today is a day of rest, followed by an evening of Christmas shopping. The storage room is already piled with gifts. The cards are done. The wrapping paper is at the ready. Peace, Good-will, and many excuses to celebrate, to all!

No comments: