Monday, October 02, 2006

Comfort Food

Fall is the time to indulge in some comfort food. It seems that fall officially arrived here today. The air was crisp and the changing leaves were noticeable to me for the first time. Also, a sure sign of fall is that the outside air is warmer than the inside air at church! I had to go outside to warm up today. When I was actually in my office I sat with a throw around my shoulders. Brrrrr....

Another sure sign of fall is the head cold. I have avoided it so far, but half our church staff was out sick today. Since it was so cold and lonely at church, I left early and came home to indulge in some comfort food. Oatmeal cookies, baked beans and toast hit the spot perfectly. I've warmed up, watched some trashy TV (Desperate Housewives - dare I admit it!), and am ready to work on my sermon!

The Scripture is:

"But about that day or hour no one knows, neither the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father. Beware, keep alert;and pray for you do not know when the time will come." Mark 13:32-33

I wonder what the message is here...... Hmmmm....... I sure hope he doesn't return while I am watching Desperate Housewives!

Be blessed and enjoy some comfort food - whatever that is for you - today!

1 comment:

KristaBeth said...

I forgot to mention that Gary made the oatmeal cookies. Thanks honey!